Monday, February 8, 2010

Sneaky...like a fish

Last Friday I sat Israel down to eat some lunch. He has been doing pretty good with eating food, but for the past few days he has acted disinterested. So I was trying to feed him some green beans and some stew. Well, he didn't want anything to do with it. The more I said to open his mouth the more he pressed his lips closed. So finally I got him out of his chair thinking that he just might not be hungry. A few min. later I decided to try again. Same thing. So instead of giving up, because he was probably hungry and just not liking the food I was feeding him. So I pulled out the yogurt. He LOVES yogurt! I put a little bit of green beans on the spoon and then a tiny bit of yogurt on the end so that would be the first thing that he tasted. It worked!!!! He ate it. I would feed it to him that way, and then try some beans by themselves and he would start to cry. Distgusting? Yes, but it got some veggies in him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're great Hannah!

Whitney said...

HAHAH! That's awesome. I've done that with Levi, too.