Friday, February 26, 2010

Idols

I am going through this Beth Moore study called Breaking Free. At first I was a little skeptical about it all and really wondered if it was for me, because I don't have major addictions. But I have found that you don't have to have major addictions to be in bondage. Today I was doing my lessons on Idols and the Exodus 20 passage. I paused to ask the Lord if I had any idols, and if He would reveal them to me. A few came to mind: Obssesion to have a clean and picked up house, and feeling like a failure if I don't, My weight (upset if I weigh 1 or 2 pounds over what I would like to weigh and weighing myself everyday), Worrying and fearing...which would be the idol of control and trying to take care of everything on my own. I have been really trying to work on that one, because I have know my weakness to it for a long time. I hope that the Lord is growing me up in the area, and it is not just a delusion of mine. One reason why I think He is working on me in this area, is because yesterday I was praying and laying at his feet the many thinks I was feeling burdened about (i.e. summer finances since I might not have as many studnets, and other upcoming expenses) I was so excited because I felt like I was really letting go, and getting excited about seeing how the Lord was going to show Himself faithful! I still start to worry, but I am trying to turn right around and give it over to the Lord. So anyway, I want to live an abundant life full of joy, and turning things over to the Lord is a good start for me!

No comments: