Thursday, September 17, 2009

Treasure Hunt

Today I put Izzy in a tee-shirt that says: "It's hard to be humble when you're from Razorback country." Here he is getting ready to take a bath, but I wanted to make sure that I got a picture of him in this shirt because it is the only Razorback thing we have right now! This will have to change!



Today the Lord gave me little insights into how we are with Him, or should be. Today, I was getting Izzy's bottle ready, and he saw it and got all excited. I thought: "That is how we should be with God's word, we should be so eager to drink in the truths of God's word whenever we get a chance." After feeding Izzy, I decided to trim his nails before he hurt himself, and so I took his little hand, and tried to trim oh so carefully as he tried to pull his hand away. That brought to mind, how the Lord tries to trim away things in our lives that might eventually hurt us, and we try to squirm away because it is uncomfortable. Izzy bore it well, didn't really get mad, just sat there, not really understanding what I was doing, but trusting me fully. May I trust MY Lord when I don't understand why He is doing something, believing that it is the best for me.

I realized today that I don't have any pictures of my darling little boy. So here are some of my favorites.




No comments: