Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it" (Anne of Green Gables)

Today is the Tomorrow...if that makes sense. I wrote the title yesterday, and that is as far as I got. That kinda explains what my day was like! The day started off pretty crummy with me not feeling well. So I took advantage of Izzy's first two morning naps and took a nap myself, hoping to put the afternoon to good use by cleaning my house. Does anyone else feel like no matter how hard they clean, it never looks clean??? That is how it has been for me for the past couple weeks. I don't know if I have too many things...which could be...but, I am at loss to know what to do. So I had high aspirations for the afternoon, and was able to get a few things done...then Israel woke up. Usually this is not a problem, but yesterday for some reason he wouldn't be entertained by his Eric Carl toys! He was unusually cranky. Finally Joel got home (I say finally because the whole day was going slow, but in all actuality, he was home earlier than normal), and he started trying to make my day better. We were going to go to Utica Square, but with Izzy being his cranky self, and us needing to get him in bed, we nixed that idea. Then we were going to all go get some groceries for dinner, just so I could get out of the house, but again with Izzy's crankiness, Joel just went. 7:00, the glorious hour, rolled around and I fed Israel his last feeding before bed. 7:30 came too, and we laid our precious tired baby down. He proved his tiredness with going to sleep with barely any crying. Now, the evening was ours! We decided to try out a new recipe for dinner (no we hadn't eaten yet...), and so Joel made us some fun juicy drinks, we turned on Michael Bueble, and we began. It was so much fun, that we decided that we should make Friday night (if we had nothing else going on) our "try a new recipe, and cook it together" night. So this morning as I sit at my dining room table, drinking my non fat smoothie, enjoying these quite moments while Israel sleeps, listening to the dull roar of the lawn mower, and contemplating whether to blow 30.00 bucks on a haircut...I hope that today is a little better. I pray that I can break this cycle of boring, non-motivated days, and start enjoying the days I have nothing going on.

Oh, and Joel also surprised me with a red camera!

No comments: