Friday, October 1, 2010

Give me a break!

I love being a mom. I really do. It was my dream as a child, and now I am living it. But some days I would rather not live again. Some weekends I am glad to say have past. Some weeks, yes a whole week, are better left not thought about or else you will get depressed and not enjoy motherhood. This week has been one of them. Yes there have been the precious moments when Izzy has cuddled up with me and fell asleep in an oh so cute position. Oh, but I failed to mention that that happened AFTER he had slept for an hour only to wake up and refuse to go back to sleep even though he was dog tired! Every afternoon this week as been a cross-your-fingers-and-hope-that-he-sleeps kind of week. And has he? NO! We are worn out. Because, not only has he not slept much, if at all in the afternoon, he has had trouble at night too. Teething? Possibly, but we haven't had this kind of behavior since we got the teething necklace. Cold? He has a sniffle, but he has had worse and has still slept. So we are puzzled parents, and tired ones at that. Today, he took a cat nap while we were walking, and after playing hard this morning, and being at the park, he lays in bed from 1:00-3:00 talking, playing, and crying, until finally he falls asleep. It is now 3:24, I just sent my husband a victory text, and now I  hear him crying. A very tired cry. Lord give me strength, because I am out of it!

No comments: