Sunday, January 10, 2010

Waking up on the wrong side of the bed

Does anyone know where that phrase came from? I don't, but I have heard it my whole life especially when I woke up cranky. Well today was one of those days...not that I was cranky, well, to start with at least, but because everything seemed go wrong. Yesterday I ventured out and tried to make my own Moby wrap. It didn't turn out like I had expected and so this morning I was trying it again, knowing that I would have to carry Izzy around church since he had ANOTHER cold! But Izzy was cranky so he was all squirmy and did not want to be wrapped up. Then everything that I put on seemed to be too big, and time was running out! Joel had to be at church at a certain time, and I wasn't ready, Izzy was still in his pajamas, and the diaper bag wasn't ready. So in tears I told Joel that he better just go and I would stay home with Izzy. So he left and I put Izzy down for a nap and we both cried ourselves to sleep.

I will not bore you with the rest of our day, but I will say that it is 8:00 pm Israel is STILL crying after being put to bed, and although I love my family and spending time with them and taking care of them...I am ready for this day to be over. Please tell me I am not the only one that has days like this.

One funny thing that did happen was that Joel  wanted some tomato soup for super. So we ran to the store, I got a phone call and so he went into the store to get the soup. He came out and told me how many he got, but he kept calling it "sauce". I thought he had just gotten mixed up, but when I got home, I pulled out the bag two cans of tomato sauce...not soup! That didn't matter to him, he just added water and seasoned it like we do the soup, and he ate it anyway!!! We got a good laugh.

So if you had a day today that you are ready to be done with...find something to laugh about.

No comments: