Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Glory in your tribulations?

Does that sound right to you? Well it is! I am going through this Beth Moore Personal Reflection Series on David. I have really enjoyed it! Today we read in 1 Sam 8 about Israel asking for a king. She focused in on the lessons that we can take from Israel demanding a king before it was God's timing. Patience was the first lesson, and how Israel's lack of patience cost them greatly. She suggested that if they had waited for God's timing, how different their story might have been. The other lesson? Rejection. Samuel felt rejection since he had been their faithful judge for so long, but God told him that they were not rejecting him, but God. Then the hard part that sent me on my guilt trip. Samuel told the Israelites everything that a king would bring...and it was all bad. but the thing that gets me, is that they didn't care! They still wanted one! So I had to ask myself...Do I do that???? Do I still insist on something even though the cons are staring me in the face? But the thing that stood out to me the most was the fast that often God does not readily give us our hearts desire because He can see the big picture and can see that what we desire, at the time we desire it would not be good for us and would cost us. Beth Moore states: "Faith sometimes means forgoing our desires because we trust Christ to have a better plan for our lives." the BETTER stood out to me.

The Lord really nailed me on this one! It convicted me but also made me want to dance with joy, knowing that my Lord desires my best! And if He is not giving me what I think is the best, then instead of me moping and getting angry, I should be excited to wait and see what BETTER thing the Lord is going to bring my way! That will make for a wonderful red shoes day, won't it! So from one sinner being sanctified to another...let's trust the Lord that He has the whole world in His hands and He is going to do what is best for all of us!

Have a great day!

No comments: