Sunday, November 22, 2009

Changes!

Israel is growing so fast! He is starting to sit up and is rolling over more and more...it is pretty fun! We have been trying to feed him some rice cereal for awhile, but he just doesn't like it. Last night we were at some friends house, and they were feeding their little girl some veggies (baby food form of course) and said that she didn't like the rice cereal either. So we tried some carrots with Israel and he like them! That night he slept till 7:00 in the morning when he has been normally waking up at 5:00. It was a very welcomed change.

This year, we decided to spread out our Christmas shopping and do a little bit in November and then some in December. It has been so nice! It makes me feel so organized and on top of things.

Ever since we had Izzy, I just haven't been able to get my act together as far as meal planning and shopping and fixing. So we were directed to a program called e-mealz and you pay 15.00 per 3 months, and pick a grocery store and then they generate a meal plan and grocery list for you! We decided to try it and I love it! The meals have been great...some we might not do again just because they weren't our favorite, but it has been so nice to not have to think about that and to just cook it. I like that part.

So, those are just a few of the goings on and the changes we have been seeing, all of which are very good. Are you having a good Fall?

3 comments:

Dana said...

We enjoyed visiting with you guys today! Sorry about Alyssa's comment, we talked about it afterward and filled her in on a few things. I really hope that didn't make you feel bad, I know that was a big struggle for you (Megan had told me at the time about it.) and I went through the same thing with Mia. Anyway, I also thought I would tell you about another meal planning service I like- savingdinner.com. I don't buy the menus anymore, but her emails are great and she gives out free recipes often. She is also a nutritionist and has healthy tips if you subscribe to the health updates. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelly said...

I considered doing the e-mealz thing a while back, but haven't yet. I did try a few of their sample menu/recipes and liked them.

I was so sorry to hear about your cousin. Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers.

Hannah said...

Dana,
Alyssa's comment was hilarious! I had no problem with it. I just thought it was funny. Thanks for the meal planning service thing. It was good to visit with you guys too, and see how the Lord is working in your lives. Happy Thanksgiving.


Kelly,
Thank you for the prayers, they are much appreciated. It was quite a blow, and I think we are all kind of still in disbelief. It is one of those things that you think will never happen to you or to those whom you love.