Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"These are a few of my favorite things"

Besides Sound of Music and Julie Andrews being on of my favorite things...I love rainy afternoons when the house is cleaned up, the baby is in bed, and there is nothing on my to do list but to take a nap. I was a little bummed when it stopped raining and I started to see the sun peeping through. I tried to hurry home so that I could still fall asleep to Sense and Sensibility while it was still a little overcast. You might wonder what the two have in common. Nothing really, except that Sense and Sensibility has a rainy part in it, and it such a calming movie with beautiful music. Just writing about it is making me crave it. Oh, but I have to mention one more thing about favorite things...and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with my favorite things but I thought it was clever. I just saw a commercial the other day...a hair one...with clever words put to the tune of this song ending of course with the phrase "these are a few of my favorite things". It was cute. Okay, so that was random. But I really encourage you to take off your red shoes, fix a cup of tea, and put on one of you favorite soothing movies and enjoy this cloudy day!

No comments: