Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A little Tear

Christmas was wonderful...a little different, but wonderful. Christmas even dinner was at our house this year since Megan and Kendra were spending Christmas with In-laws. And surprisingly everyone made it despite the weather except one dear friend. My mom even stuck her head out the window on their drive into town so that they could see! We had a fabulous time (I got to wear my new White Black top). Appetizers were delightful, the meal was delicious, and Dad even played his guitar while we sang Christmas songs. It was perfect! Everyone packed up to go, and after some pushing, and shoveling the house was quite and Joel and I were snuggled up with our pen and paper ready to write our letter to Jesus. Then the phone rang. It was my mom telling us that Sam and Molly got stuck (but the way she started to tell me scared me because I thought they had gotten in some sort of accident) But alas they were fine, and they were on their way back to our house because they could not make it any farther. So we had some guest for Christmas morning. But we made them go finish sleeping in our room while we had our little family Christmas. We gave Israel his little toy guitar and had so much fun seeing him bat at the package and chew on the paper. Then we headed out to brave the snowy roads and see if we could make it to my parents home. We packed shovels, and scrapers and blankets just in case, and I had a bottle ready for an emergency. Thankfully we didn't need any of it, and we arrived safe and sound. We had to park in a driveway right off Indian Road and hike back almost a 1/4 of a mile with all our stuff in a foot of snow! We laughed about it and joked how we would tell Izzy of the fist Christmas he had when it snowed and we had to walk up hill both ways! Which really would be truth! We completed our second Christmas and then ended our day at the Kelleys with our third Christmas. We were very tired out, but we had a blast. I was a little sad on Saturday, knowing that Christmas was over, but it was not too bad knowing that we had 2 more Christmas celebrations to enjoy. But alas, those passed and yesterday was the official day that Christmas had ended. It was a sad day. It came too quickly this year, and passed to quickly. No more parties, no more festive activities, and no more Christmas music. Isn't that depressing? Ah well, I better get over it though and look forward to all the fun things coming up. I will keep you posted.

So have a happy New Year!

No comments: