Thursday, November 20, 2008

These boots are made for walking...

For awhile now I have needed (or should I say wanted) some tall black boots. Until I got them, I would have outfits that just wouldn't work with out tall black boots! On my spare time I went around to several stores, trying to avoid the mall, to see what I could find, but found nothing. So when I officially got Joel's permission to shop around, Little did I know that I would literally be shopping around town. Day one: Went to the mall, looked at Macy's found a pair that would work, but I still had other stores to look at, so why make a decision right away? That would only simply matters! Next store was JCPenny's, but they had nothing that would work. So I went back to Macy's figuring that this was the best deal. 30% off, not bad! Got them home, next day wore them to church, decided they seemed a little too big. Day Two of shopping: Went to the other Macy's #2 and found out that they were going to have a major sale on Tuesday (the following day) So I decided I would just wait to see what they had to offer when I could see the sale prices. Day Three: Went in, they didn't have a smaller size boot, but they did have the same boot, same size, just 20.00 cheaper! Did I? You bet, I bought the exact same boot again! My plan? To return them to the other ones that were more expensive. But I couldn't return them at the same Macy's so it was back to Macy's #1 to do the returning. I went in, and low and behold, they had a different style shoe that I liked better. So I went up to exchange. I handed the cashier both pairs of shoes, and the receipt. But little did I know I handed her the WRONG ONE. I gave her the one that I purchased at Macy's #2, making her think I was doing an even exchange! So I appologized, gave her the correct receipt, and, well, she couldn't figure out how to change what she had already done. So after a few min. She came back and thougt she had figured it out. She fully refunded me my first purchase on the first pair of shoes, and then handed me the new pair saying that we already exchanged them, and I was good to go. As I was walking out of the store, I realized that it was all wrong. She had refunded me, AND did an even exchange on some shoes that I still had in my car! So when I would return the 2nd pair I had purchased, I would end up not haveing spent a dime! So I went back to my car, brought back in both pairs of shoes and found a different cashier, and explained the whole confusing processes to them. Finally they understood, I handed over the pair of shoes that rightfully belonged to them, and got the reply that I was amazing! Amazing? No, just crazy! Crazy to go all over town, buying three pairs of the same shoe at 2 different prices, and then trying to return them at different stores! Well, I will try to never do that again. But I got a good laugh, and hope you will too!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You are too funny. That totally sounds like something I would do. Enjoy those boots!